Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Use your microwave to make this quick, tasty soup.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
Made this soup today to fortify me during an afternoon of cooking :). I used home made chicken broth and leftover brown rice (it had a few peppers in it but waste not want not and even quicker :) ). I love it ! Very tasty, love the tang of the lemon in there and just a nice rainy day lunch. Thanks so much for posting, JackieOhNo! Made during ZWT#9 for my team, Tasty Testers :)
- 4 cups de-fatted chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, well rinsed, drained
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced of fresh mint
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth and rice in 2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cover tightly and microwave on High until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk 1 cup hot broth from casserole into egg mixture, then return to casserole and stir to blend. Microwave covered on High until heated through, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with mint and lemon slices; serve hot.