Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a bit different than your normal Greek Salad in that it uses lambs lettuce and coriander for the salad leaves. You can add other ingredients if you wish or use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves, chopped
- 6 ounces Greek olives (in brine or oil)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 40 g lambs lettuce
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons good quality red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Peel away the skin of the cucumber in alternate stripes lengthwise. Halve and then cut into slices and put in a salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, celery, olives, onion, lettuce and coriander to the bowl. Season with Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Mash the garlic until it is a smooth paste with a pinch of salt and then mix into the vinegar, mixing well until smooth. Whisk in the oil. Pour over the salad and mix gently to combine. Crumble the feta cheese and oregano over the top before serving.