Top Review by *Parsley*
Just as described: colorful and tasty; very tasty! I made this just as written and wouldn't change a thing. Do not skip or sub out the fresh parsley and fresh mint because they are key ingredients! I served this garnished with some crumbled feta cheese. Superb! Thanx for sharing!
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, scallions and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper for the vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture in a steady stream.
- Stir in mint and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette just before serving. Serve at room temperature.
- Serve with toasted pita bread pieces, if desired.