Recipe by Gingernut
The original recipe had you stirring in some honey and sprinkling feta cheese on top at the end. I forgot but it was still delicious. Serve over rice, yum yum. You can also stir in some plain yogurt before serving to make this creamy. Double yum! Freezes well without cheese (i.e., as shown below).
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon bottled garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken and flour; toss to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; brown chicken until golden. (Note: I actually did this step in the crock pot, as my crock pot has a rice cooker function that gets hot enough to brown.).
- Place browned chicken in crock pot. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting up to 8 hours or 4 - 5 hours on high.