Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Created for the Greek themed day while I was teaching the 2013 "Cuisine Around the World" cooking elective at The Village Charter School. The salad and dressing are modified versions of Mary's Greek Couscous Salad and BeachGirl's Greek Salad Dressing. Cook time is chilling and cooking couscous.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (6 ounce) package garlic and herb couscous mix
- 3⁄4 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced & seeded
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (I use my Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- In jar with tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake until combined. Set aside.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Allow to cool, then fluff with a fork.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and 1/2 cup (or all) of the salad dressing. Stir to combine, and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.