Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good for lunch or a light side.
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (divided)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous (dry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 jumbo black olives
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons greek salad dressing with feta
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Add the tomatoes, half of the onion and the water to a small bowl and heat in the microwave until boiling. Add the salt and couscous, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork then add remaining onion, black olives, feta, basil, Greek salad dressing, and garlic.
The flavours of sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and fresh basil go very nicely together. The only problem I had was there it was a little lumpy, so next time I'll use a boiling vegetable stock instead of water. I also added the whole onion and garlic into the water to boil because my family doesn't like the taste of raw onions and garlic. Otherwise all three of us ate this serving for six because we really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for posting your recipe gailanng
This was very good, and a nice change of pace from my usual pilaf sides. I have been trying to incorporate more whole grains into our diet so I chose to use cooked millet in lieu of couscous, but otherwise made as written. My feta was sundried tomato and basil flavor, which was perfect here. I added more salt at the table, but otherwise this really worked for all of us (even 2 y/o DS). Next time I might add a bit of Greek seasoning just for fun. Thanks for posting! Made for 123 Hits tag.
This was beautiful, perfect for my lunch today in the hot weather! Made exactly as written thank you! Made for ZWT6.