Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The lemon juice makes this a refreshing summertime salad. I usually don't bother crushing the garlic with the salt, I just use minced garlic and whisk it with the salt and other dressing ingredients.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper (optional)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces black olives
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly and blot dry. Cut the cucumber into quarters lengthways, then into bite-size pieces. Halve the pepper, if using, remove core and seeds and cut into thick slices.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in serving bowl with cucumber, pepper, feta cheese and olives.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, crushed/minced garlic, and black pepper, whisking until thick. Pour over salad, toss gently, serve immediately.
Wonderful recipe! Refreshing and full of good strong interesting flavours. We also just minced the garlic in a garlic press, and added it to the rest of the dressing ingredients. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for an easy to make, tasty and interesting salad that's quick and easy to put together and one that we will be making regularly. Thanks!
This is a lovely, light salad. This was today's lunch at work. I used a sweet yellow bell pepper, an English cucumber and added toasted croutons. The dressing had a fresh tart taste that I really enjoyed. Thank you very much for posting this delicious salad combination and tasty dressing.