Recipe by Miss Annie
This bread is flavored with feta cheese, and the grated squash helps keep it moister than the classic Southern version.
Top Review by GinnyP
Miss Annie, you've done it again! I gave this a try because it sounded so unusual for a corn bread. It's delightful and really special! I made it completely gluten-free by using corn flour to prep the pan. It took me longer than 10 minutes to prep this, but it wouldn't have taken that long if I had pulled out my food processor.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups summer squash, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Mix cornmeal, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine squash, eggs, cottage cheese, feta cheese and milk.
- Add cornmeal mixture to wet ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into pan, Dot the top with butter.
- Bake until browned on top, about 1 hour.