Recipe by Julesong
This is an adopted recipe and, although it looks like a nice beginning, needs some tweaking. I'll need to prepare them myself before I'd recommend them as written. (A while clove in each cookie? Ooof!)
Top Review by georgie powers
yum I think is tastes so nice where did you get the recipe from ? or who did you get it from? it was very easy to make and it handled well. what sort wine do you suggest for it like with after noon tea.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 48 whole cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine with sugar; add egg yolk and cognac.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add flour; chill 3-4 hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Insert a whole clove in top of each.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 325°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.