Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A colorful, flavorful salad that used up what I had sitting in the produce drawer. A perfect blend of spicy and tart.
- 3 red ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pickled sweet peppers
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- 4 ounces kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables. My mood detemines the size. Most times they are all diced to between 1/4 and 1/2 inch.
- Mix all veggies with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar.
- Adjust the olive oil, lemon juice and red wine to your tastes.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour to let flavors blend.
- Prior to serving, taste and readjust salt and pepper to taste.
Made for our lunch today to go with some leftovers...delicious. I followed the directions only using cherry tomatoes halved and cutting the recipe down. Definately one to make again with fresh tomatoes and when the warm weather arrives. Thank you for posing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
This salad is so refreshing. I made it as directed except I cut the amount of olive oil back just a pinch. I had planned on sprinkling the salad with a little crumbled feta cheese however; I was out. I will be making this a great deal this summer when I have more fresh from the garden tomatoes then I know what to do with. Thanks AQueen for sharing this very tasty recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.