Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lentils are very much enjoyed in Greece and are often combined with pasta or rice or eaten cold in simple summer salads. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oranges, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place the lentils, bay leaves and 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Drain in a colander and allow to cool.
- Place cooled lentils in a serving bowl. Add the orange juice and remaining 6 tbsp of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture well and marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Just before serving, mix in the sliced onion, orange segments, and feta cheese.
I doubled the recipe for a Greek buffet dinner party and this one one of two surprise hits of the meal! Everyone absolutely loved this and asked for the recipe. It was easy enough to make and very tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yum yum! I made but left out the orange segments. What a tasty salad! I halved the recipe and much enjoyed. Thanks! Made by team Hot Stuff!