Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother didn't wait for a party to make these. Make two batches, because they won't last long.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, 2 slices with crust removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried spearmint
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients -- you will have to mix this with your hands. Roll into balls. Refrigerate 1 hour, or overnight.
- Heat equal amounts of olive oil and butter. Flour and brown until dark golden brown.
Great recipe! Just like my greek family makes! I left out the cinnamon just because of personal preference and added a small amount of tomato sauce just because my mom does! Great !!!!