Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cinnamon chicken with a tomato wine garlic sauce over a bed of broad and fine noodles.
Make and share this Greek Cinnamon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste) or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed with salt
- 8 small tomatoes, skinned and seeded and cut in slices
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 lb broad egg noodle
- 1⁄2 lb fine noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (parmesan or any other cheese you may like)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Add the onions and stock; simmer 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bring the garlic, wine, and tomatoes to a boil in a saucepan; stir in the tomato paste and celery. Season with salt and pepper and boil 15 minutes; Add the parsley.
- Boil the noodles in salt water in another saucepan for 10 minutes OR until they are done, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- To serve, mix the noodles with half of the cheese and place on a serving dish. Arrange the chicken on the bed of noodles. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. 4 to 6 servings.
- Classic Cuisine.