1 hr 15 mins
Cinnamon chicken with a tomato wine garlic sauce over a bed of broad and fine noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste) or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed with salt
- 8 small tomatoes, skinned and seeded and cut in slices
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb broad egg noodle
- 1/2 lb fine noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (parmesan or any other cheese you may like)
- 1Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Add the onions and stock; simmer 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2Bring the garlic, wine, and tomatoes to a boil in a saucepan; stir in the tomato paste and celery. Season with salt and pepper and boil 15 minutes; Add the parsley.
- 3Boil the noodles in salt water in another saucepan for 10 minutes OR until they are done, rinse with cold water, and drain.
- 4To serve, mix the noodles with half of the cheese and place on a serving dish. Arrange the chicken on the bed of noodles. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. 4 to 6 servings.
- 5Classic Cuisine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Cinnamon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 431.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 48.4 g