1/2 Photos of Greek Chopped Salad
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I'm getting fond of chopped salads--they're so much more toddler-friendly than salads with large pieces. I made this chopped version of one of our favorite salads to accompany a pan of spanokopita for dinner tonight. Yum! Cooking time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, cut into eights lengthwise, and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 yellow sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, quartered
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing (I like to use Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- additional vinaigrette dressing, if desired
- 1Combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion, pepper, and olives in a leak-proof container or zip-lock baggie. Add dressing, oregano, and pepper to taste; shake to combine. Marinate at least 20 minutes (may be made up to 12 hours ahead).
- 2Divide chopped lettuce among 4 salad bowls or plates.
- 3Top with equal portions of the marinated vegetables.
- 4Divide the avocado into four portions and sprinkle over the salad.
- 5Sprinkle Feta cheese to taste over all.
- 6Add more dressing to taste, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.7
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g