Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Greek quinoa salad recipe with traditional Mediterranean ingredients including feta cheese, kalamata olives and fresh herbs. You could easily make this vegetarian quinoa salad recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese or using a vegan soy substitute.
- 3 -4 cups water or 3 -4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar (you may use any flavor you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced if desired
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped artichoke heart (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-large saucepan, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for 15-20 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
- Gently toss the quinoa together with the remaining ingredients, except feta. Pour the olive oil.
- Gently toss the quinoa together with the remaining ingredients, except feta. Pour the olive oil mixture over the quinoa.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste and gently stir in the feta cheese.
- You may also add any additional vegetables that you like, such as lightly steamed broccoli, snap peas or diced red bell pepper.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 60 minutes to mingle the flavors and chill.