Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
NUTRITION INFO Calories: 190 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 33g Protein: 8 g
Make and share this Greek Chickpeas & Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and dill. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, a little at a time. Drizzle lemon juice over all ingredients and cover with lid.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
What a terrific, filling meatless dish. This could easily be a main dish. It's so quick to make, and that's what makes it taste great; nothing is overcooked. The onions is sauteed, but not soggy, and the spinach is just wilted, not slimy and overcooked. The lemon juice at the end is a real treat. I think seasoned rice vinegar would work in pinch if you had to. I made this just as written, just added a pinch of salt and pepper. Thanx!