Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Might be ok with oregano too!
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- black pepper
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Fry the onions in the oil.
- . Add the chickpeas and water, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and flour until well blended and smooth.
- Whisk several tablespoons of the hot liquid from the chickpeas into the lemon-flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour this mixture back into the chickpeas, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the water is nearly evaporated and the sauce has thickened, 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Turn the heat off and let the chickpeas cool in the skillet.
- Serve at room temperature or warm.
Very easy and simple to make...but delicious as well. Made this for the Herculean Challenge at the request of my guest artist! Thanks for sharing.
I made 1/2 recipe and loved the flavor! I love chickpeas. Served with Recipe #428353 for lunch and that made a great combination. Thanks for posting littlemafia. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
I love chickpeas so I knew I'd like this dish. What took me by surprise was how much I loved it! The lemon flavor is wonderful and I can't wait to make it again. I made this almost as written. I was too hungry to wait for 1 hour of cooking and then cooling so I cooked it at a higher heat to hurry up the evaporation of the liquid. Made for ZWT6 Ssassy's