Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- crumbled feta cheese, for topping
- Saute onion in hot oil in dutch oven for 5 min.
- Add garlic for last minute.
- Stir in tomatoes stock tomato paste chickpeas oregano salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 min.
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and parsley, cook 5 min.
- Serve topped with feta cheese.
This was great! I've been looking for new ways to use chickpeas. I didn't have oregano so used basil and still awesome. This is a keeper, thanks!
This was an absolutely delicious vegetarian main meal! I'm not sure how "Greek" this part is, but I served mine over some plain couscous. The flavors were great, and it was really fast and easy to put together. I chose to make mine with vegetable stock. Thanks Fluffy!
This was a big hit at my house. I pureed what I was serving to the kids (my middle son has a problem with the colour green - the spinach in this case) and it was gobbled down by them. DH and I did the same later. We ate this with humungous kalamata olives and crusty bread and toasted Fluffy over a glass of red wine for this very, very Greek recipe.