Recipe by Pesto lover
Simple and tasty soup. Great for Vegetarians. Preparation time is soaking time for chickpeas (overnight).
- 1 lb dried garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 6 cups water
- 3 white onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chickpeas overnight in 6 cups water.
- Drain and rub with baking soda. Let sit 10 min and then rub off skins and rinse well.
- Place chickpeas in 4 qt pot with 6 cups water. Bring to boil. Remove froth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add onions and dill. If you have fresh dill, use 1 Tbsp.
- Simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges or you can squeeze juice of lemons into soup before serving.