Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Simple and tasty soup. Great for Vegetarians. Preparation time is soaking time for chickpeas (overnight).
- Soak chickpeas overnight in 6 cups water.
- Drain and rub with baking soda. Let sit 10 min and then rub off skins and rinse well.
- Place chickpeas in 4 qt pot with 6 cups water. Bring to boil. Remove froth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add onions and dill. If you have fresh dill, use 1 Tbsp.
- Simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges or you can squeeze juice of lemons into soup before serving.