Pesto lover's Note:
Simple and tasty soup. Great for Vegetarians. Preparation time is soaking time for chickpeas (overnight).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak chickpeas overnight in 6 cups water.
- 2Drain and rub with baking soda. Let sit 10 min and then rub off skins and rinse well.
- 3Place chickpeas in 4 qt pot with 6 cups water. Bring to boil. Remove froth.
- 4Reduce heat to low. Add onions and dill. If you have fresh dill, use 1 Tbsp.
- 5Simmer 2 hours or until tender.
- 6Add salt, pepper and olive oil.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges or you can squeeze juice of lemons into soup before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chickpea Soup - Soupa Revithia
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1250.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g