Recipe by BxChick
This recipe was modifed from a Food Network recipe that called for shrimp instead of chicken. I also threw in some frozen spinach for added nutritional value. Really comforting and filling, but healthy. I served with couscous, but would also work well with orzo, rice, or spaghetti.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into large cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen whole spinach leaves, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet or dutch oven over a medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken in batches until mostly cooked through (will finish in oven), and set aside in a bowl or on a plate.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Bake until the cheese melts, about 12 minutes.