This is delicious and easy to make. I printed this from a website a while back, so I'm not sure who to credit, but they deserve it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts (3-4 pounds)
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can of chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt
- 1In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Dredge the chicken in the flour using a zip-lock bag. Brown the chicken in the oil for about 5 minutes per side.
- 2Add the onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4Add the broth, lemon juice, tomatoes and juice, and oregano. Bring to a boil, add the olives, reduce heat to low and cover. Allow to simmer on the stove for 45 to 50 minutes until the chicken is very tender. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- 5Serve in the pot or in a shallow bowl with the crumbled feta on top.
- 6Serve with orzo, rice or country bread.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken With Onions, Oregano, Olives and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.2
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.1 mg
- Sodium 1141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 50.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of