Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious and easy to make. I printed this from a website a while back, so I'm not sure who to credit, but they deserve it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 parts (3-4 pounds)
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (28 ounce) canof chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Dredge the chicken in the flour using a zip-lock bag. Brown the chicken in the oil for about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, tomatoes and juice, and oregano. Bring to a boil, add the olives, reduce heat to low and cover. Allow to simmer on the stove for 45 to 50 minutes until the chicken is very tender. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve in the pot or in a shallow bowl with the crumbled feta on top.
- Serve with orzo, rice or country bread.
I got from Ivillage too and I tried it for the first time today. Has a lot of ingredients and a rich taste.
Insanely good! This one is a keeper and not as intimidating as it appears at first glance.
I make this recipe all the time as is. I got the recipe from iVillage a long time ago. Thanks for posting - now I can have a clean copy!