Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The quality of this dish is dependent upon the quality of the feta cheese. It's important to try to use sheep's milk feta cheese from President.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup black olives, pitted, preferably kalamata
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil. Halve and seed the bell peppers. put in a single layer, face up in the dish.
- Remove excess fat from the chicken thighs, and cut into 1 inch pieces. in a bowl, combine chicken pieces with lemon juice, spices, salt and black olives. place this mixture into the open peppers. Don't worry if some spills out.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 400°F.
SO Delicious! My husband absolutely loves this recipe, and can't wait for me to make it again. Did not have any olives, so I made the recipe without them. I will be making this again and using the olives next time! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)