1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken Stew With Cinnamon Couscous
I was hesitant about trying this recipe since I'm not a fan of raisins or garbanzo beans. I'm glad I did because it is very tasty! From Sara's Secrets on the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Greek Chicken Stew
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 19.71 ml all purpose Greek seasoning, crumbled between the fingers
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes, in puree
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1To make the stew:.
- 2Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and Greek seasoning and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, broth, bay leaves and pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add the chicken, lower the heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. (The mixture will thicken.).
- 6Remove the bay leaves and discard. Stir in the olives and lemon juice and serve immediately over the couscous.
- 7To make the couscous:.
- 8While the stew is simmering, bring the broth, olive oil and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the couscous and raisins, cover, and remove the pan from heat.
- 9When the moisture has been absorbed, about 5 minutes, sprinkle the cinnamon and orange juice over the couscous. Fluff with a fork to combine the flavors and loosen the couscous. Do not stir.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken Stew With Cinnamon Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 870.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 40.1 g