Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounds really good and before I lose this recipe I am posting it on "Zaar" for safe keeping. I've checked out the archives; this recipe seems to have some different ingredients than the others I've found. If someone tries it please review it and let me know what you think! From Women's World April 25, 2006
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In large bowl, whisk together eggs and juice.
- In large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 minutes.
- Add broth, zest, fennel, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Whisking constantly, in a steady stream pour about 1/2 of broth into egg mixture. Return to pot; cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add spinach; cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and orzo; cook until heated through, 2 minutes.