- 46 ounces chicken broth
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless skinless
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken broth and chicken in saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Poach chicken until barely cooked through. Shred.
- Return chicken to broth and add rice.
- In small bowl dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Whisk in eggs, lemon juice and oregano.
- Remove about 1 cup broth from saucepan and whisk into egg mixture. Return to saucepan and stir well.
- Heat until broth is thickened and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley.