Recipe by Sharon123
The lemon and herb dressing perfectly polishes this 6 ingredient salad!
Top Review by Geema
Simple and delicious. My husband and I eat salad for lunch every day and this one will be put on the rotation list. We used some leftover chicken, but I'll bet this salad would be just as good without it. I cut down just a little bit on the lemon juice and couldn't find fresh mint. Good recipe.
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Salad: Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with Lemon-Herb Dressing; top with feta cheese.
- Serve with toasted pita bread triangles.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings Lemon-Herb Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until well blended; chill.
- Yield: about 3/4 cup.