Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The lemon and herb dressing perfectly polishes this 6 ingredient salad!
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Salad: Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with Lemon-Herb Dressing; top with feta cheese.
- Serve with toasted pita bread triangles.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings Lemon-Herb Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until well blended; chill.
- Yield: about 3/4 cup.
Simple and delicious. My husband and I eat salad for lunch every day and this one will be put on the rotation list. We used some leftover chicken, but I'll bet this salad would be just as good without it. I cut down just a little bit on the lemon juice and couldn't find fresh mint. Good recipe.
This is a perfect salad! I used dried herbs...let it marinate all day (the dressing)...dinner was wonderful!! Simple and delicious way to use up left over chicken!! Thank you Sharon!
This is a great meal salad. I did not have cooked chicken so I used a chicken breast, flattened it, seasoned with a seasoning salt blend and grilled on the contact grill. The chicken was then sliced and placed on top of the remaining ingredients with the dressing drizzled over all. The dressing is nice and light and does not mask the flavors of the fresh ingredients. Thanks for sharing!