Recipe by erinBOberrin
These pita sandwiches are packed with flavor. They are great to serve for guests for a nice lunch. You can often buy kalamata olives from the deli section of the grocery store, the gourmet food case, or with the regular olives. If you need to save time, buy precooked, cubed chicken.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 -5 chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup diced, peeled cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- whole wheat pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all salad ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad mixture and stir well.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- To serve, line each pita half with lettuce leaves and 1/2 cup salad.