Recipe by AlohaKimberly
Greek chicken salad -- I love Feta cheese and this is a nice low fat meal.
Top Review by gemini08
This was indeed a lovely, lowfat salad! The marinade was delicious! I did not see any salad dressing mentioned so I doubled the marinade and used half of it as dressing, really nice! Also, there are no tomatoes in the write up; I have never seen a greek salad without tomatoes so I did add some. The flavors where lovely and deserve 5 stars but it seemed that the write up was incomplete. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2012.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (finely grated peel and juice)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 oz each
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive, pitted
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, lemon peel, juice, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Pour marinade over chicken and cover well.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray nonstick cooking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Arrange lettuce in salad bowls and combine with olives, feta cheese, and onion.
- Serve with chicken on top.