Recipe by ~Bekah~
I have been making a lot of greek food lately, and was looking for a hot sandwich filling I could use. I found this on another site, and it looks very tasty. I haven't tried it yet, but putting it on zaar for safe-keeping.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 4 pita breads
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Top the chicken with onions, lemon pepper and oregano.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
- It should just fall apart.
- Put the shredded meat back into the pot.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- To make the sandwich, split open your pita bread and spoon the chicken inside.
- This would be wonderful with some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and some hummus on the side.