Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this in an old cook book and overlooked it for many years. After stumbling upon it again one day I decided to try it. It is now one of my favorite and easiest meals to make. And my son loves it!
- 1 medium onion, halved & sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 pita pockets or 4 naan bread
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Italian plum tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, chopped (~1/2 cup)
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon-pepper oregano and allspice. MIX and ensure chicken is coated with seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, heat pita bread as directed on package.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and pull apart with fork if needed (it will probably fall apart on it's own).
- Stir yogurt into onion mixture
- Serve: Spoon chicken into warm pita, spoon yogurt sauce over chicken and top with tomato and cucumber.