Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Greek Chicken Pasta
Top Review by shellyhunt65
This is my families new favorites pasta. It is so simple but so yummy. It says it serves 4-6 but we've always got more like 10-12 servings out of it (thus the calorie count is much lower). The first time I made it exactly as written but have since doubled the garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice and oregano. I prefer it that way but either way, it's a great recipe!
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (or white)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta.
- Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.