Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Greek Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (or white)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta.
- Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
This is my families new favorites pasta. It is so simple but so yummy. It says it serves 4-6 but we've always got more like 10-12 servings out of it (thus the calorie count is much lower). The first time I made it exactly as written but have since doubled the garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice and oregano. I prefer it that way but either way, it's a great recipe!
ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR! I hate to say that something so simple and non-fussy can go into one of my lifetime favorite dishes ever...but it does!!! I adored this dish. I increased the garlic to about 5-6 cloves, added extra red onion, extra tomatoes and used water packed artichoke hearts. I totally forgot to add the parsley and used the precise amount of feta stated. I was in HEAVEN!! Beware those of you who like saucy dishes...this is NOT it. My family loves dry pasta that lets you taste all the fresh flavors. To top this off, I added about 1/2 sliced kalamata's. A definite lifetime favorite pasta dish for me. Thank you for posting Cucina! LOVED IT!
Excellent! I used bow tie pasta (less than a pound) and increased the amounts of tomatoes, onions, garlic and feta! Yum! Wonderful recipe, flovors blend well. I have made it twice now, and got rave reviews from DH each time! Leftovers are also good cold.