Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From allrecipes.com. By Lalena. "This pasta dish incorporates some of the flavors of Greece. It makes a wonderfully complete and satisfying meal."
- 1 lb uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, cut in 6 wedges for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, olives, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add pasta water if necessary to achieve a nice sauce consistency. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.