Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love Greek chicken no matter if it's baked, broiled or grilled.... but there's nothing like the flavor of grilled meats. This grilling marinade works well for us.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 whole lemons, sliced (do not remove rind)
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in ziplock bag or non-metal pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap. Lay whole lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator, if possible. Otherwise 3 hours or more. If possible, turn every so often to marinate on both sides.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving whole lemon slices.
- Grill checken on grates oiled with cooking oil spray over medium-hot coals, or on gas grill set on medium to medium-high.
- Grill approximately 20-30 minutes for bonless, slightly longer for bone-in chicken breasts, turning occasionally. Check for doneness with meat thermometer or if juices run clean when pierced.
- Place chicken on serving platter, tenting with foil.
- Plase lemon slices on grill and grill until light brown.
- Place grilled lemon slices around chicken pieces on platter and serve with rice or Greek potato wedges.
GREAT Flavor! Served with a roasted garlic couscous, and a tomato/cucumber salad for a fabulous, light summer dinner!