Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is good over rice. Cooking time is not "passive" work time for this recipe because you have to stir most of the time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken livers, gently washed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup madeira wine
- In a skillet over high heat, melt the butter and gently stir-fry the livers 5 minutes; remove with slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add flour to the skillet, stir into butter, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Slowly add the broth, whisking constantly, until you have a thick sauce.
- Lower the heat, add the next 5 ingredients (onion through pepper) and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the Madeira, stir into the mixture and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Stir in chicken livers and heat through.