Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
Found on another site, posted for ZWT6! :) This recipe uses both the crockpot and the oven. I imagine you could brown the chicken in a skillet to speed things up!
Top Review by MomLuvs6
Was kind of worried that the chicken would be dried out with double cooking, but after the 4 hours on low in the crockpot the chicken was moist and very flavorful. We enjoyed this very much. Served with rice as suggested. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 for No-Nonsense Nibblers.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken in dish, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients except rice (including salt and pepper to taste) and stir until well combined.
- Put chicken and sauce in a crockpot on low heat and cook for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Before serving cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.