Recipe by justcallmetoni
As we head towards the last weeks of the Zaar World Tour, I've been looking for Greek dishes that I plan to make in the near future. Lots of garlic and other good spices, this looks like a certain winner to me. As a one dish meal, it works well as a midweek meal and be suitable for reheating leftovers. If you omit the feta, this dish is suitable for the WW Core Program or you can easily count the points.
Top Review by NurseJaney
In our never-ending search for something "else" to do with chicken -- this was a winner ! I was preparing 2 boneless, skinless breasts for the 2 of us, and "sort of" halved the other ingredients. Used 1 large onion, 1 large golden potato, peeled and chopped; 1 can cut green beans - drained; 1 can diced tomatoes; almost 1 small can chopped black olives (tasteless on their own), and about 10 halved kalamatas. I cut 2 BIG chicken breasts in half, and used about 1/2 cup crumbled feta (full fat!) This made a lovely one dish meal! The chicken was done and moist, and all the veggy flavors had blended, and made a tasty side. DH is not usually enthusiastic of my Zaar efforts, but with his mouth full -- said "we can do this again. -- and for company, we could add ----", and off he went on the gourmet presentation. Thanks, Toni, for sharing a tasty treat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups red potatoes, unpeeled cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 1⁄2 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped olives
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (try and use a low sodium variety as the olives add quite a bit of sodium)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potatoes and sauté an additional 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, olive, and tomatoes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from heat. Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture. Top with feta cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.