Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Greek-style chicken burgers pleasantly surprise with a feta cheese filling.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix the chicken, bread crumbs, egg, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; form the mixture into 4 thin patties.
- Divide the feta cheese between the 4 patties; place a portion of the feta cheese atop each patty and fold the chicken mixture around the cheese so that the cheese is in the center and seal well.
- Cook on the preheated grill until no longer pink on the inside and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Made for the ZWT #9 and it's a keeper! Delicious and moist, we will have these again. Thanks for posting.
These burgers are really good! However, I did not stuff these, and instead just put the feta on top of the patties. I also topped these with some sliced black olives and tomatoes. I loved the addition of sun-dried tomatoes to the ground chicken- I will double the amount next time.