Recipe by CountryLady
Inspired by the classic Greek salad, this quick & easy recipe is complements of the Ontario Chicken Farmers!
Top Review by Kree
This is a tasty and unique way to prepare burgers! The lemon and oregano give them a good flavor and the pita is a nice change from the same old hamburger buns. I had to use ground turkey because I wasn't able to find ground chicken and I also used relish instead of the olives and cucumbers due to personal preference. I will definitely be making this again.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced cucumber
- sliced black olives
- crumbled low-fat feta (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray grill with cooking oil& preheat to medium.
- Using your fingers, gently combine burger ingredients in a large bowl, until blended.
- Form into burgers about 1/2 inch thick.
- BBQ burgers for about 6- 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Toast pitas on the grill during the last 3 minutes.
- Cut pitas in half; place burgers into pockets& fill with toppings.