Recipe by Erindipity
Originally from Rachel Ray, I have adapted them to my family's tastes and use pre-formed chicken patties from the butcher. If your family will eat them add chopped peperoncini to the salad.
- 4 chicken burgers
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (can use English)
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill, or grill pan. Spray and add chicken. Cook 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine cucumber through olives. Season with lemon juice, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice top two inches off pita. Gently open. Insert chicken. Top with salad.