Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The flavor of lemons and olives mingle perfectly with the crushed garlic hidden beneath the skin of these bone-in chicken breasts.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese
- lemon slice
- fresh oregano sprig
- Lift skin gently from chicken breasts without detaching it; place 2 crushed garlic cloves under skin of each breast. Replace skin.
- Rub breasts evenly with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place lemon slices in a 13-x9-inch baking dish, and arrange chicken breasts over lemon. Sprinkle olives around chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until done. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Garnish, if desired.
The salt and pepper were somewhat overpowering so I would reduce those, however I have been cutting back on salt so the given seasonings may be correct for others. I might also add a squeeze of lemon juice to the chicken before baking. Love the flavors of oregano and feta with the chicken.
This sounds too easy, too delcious not to try. Thanks for sharing. Lolly/Princeton