Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
The flavor of lemons and olives mingle perfectly with the crushed garlic hidden beneath the skin of these bone-in chicken breasts.
Top Review by iris5555
The salt and pepper were somewhat overpowering so I would reduce those, however I have been cutting back on salt so the given seasonings may be correct for others. I might also add a squeeze of lemon juice to the chicken before baking. Love the flavors of oregano and feta with the chicken.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 (4 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese
- lemon slice
- fresh oregano sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Lift skin gently from chicken breasts without detaching it; place 2 crushed garlic cloves under skin of each breast. Replace skin.
- Rub breasts evenly with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place lemon slices in a 13-x9-inch baking dish, and arrange chicken breasts over lemon. Sprinkle olives around chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until done. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Garnish, if desired.