Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a WW friendly recipe that I have adapted from a recipe found on SparkPeople, credit to ARDUANNE.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx. 1 lb)
- 2 cups cut green beans, fresh
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in chunks
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare 4 sheets of aluminum foil (12"x18").
- Cut chicken into strips and then combine it with the rest of the ingredients except for the feta.
- Center 1/4 of the mixture on each sheet of foil. Fold the ends of the foil to form a packet.
- Grill for 10-14 minutes in a covered grill or bake for 20 to 25 minutes on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Check seasoning and correct if more required.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- Each packet is one serving.
What great tasting packets. These would be perfect to prepare and take camping....just bring along the feta to add when they're done! I added some tomatoes to mine, as well, just because it sounded good! Thnx for sharing your recipe, GaylaV. Made for the Voracious Vagabonds of ZWT 6.
Oh how lovely! Used the tomatoes from the garden with some of our fresh basil instead of canned tomatoes, and the addition of fresh oregano. Only changes I made to this lovely dish! I used the oven as well, and thought I was in heaven!! Made for ZWT 6
These were great! I agree with a previous reviewer that they'd be good to take along when camping. I used the oven method this time since it's been rather cool outside and there's no worry of overheating the kitchen. Made for ZWT6 SSaSSy's for Zingo.