Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Classic combination of chicken and rice.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an ovenproof 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, and coat onion with cooking spray. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until translucent. Add water, spinach, rice, salt and ground red pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with salt and place chicken tenders on top in a single layer, sprinkle with Greek seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and rice is tender.
- Remove foil and evenly drizzle with oil all over.
- Serve with lemon wedges.