Classic combination of chicken and rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray an ovenproof 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- 3Add onion, and coat onion with cooking spray. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until translucent. Add water, spinach, rice, salt and ground red pepper. Stir until well blended.
- 4Remove from heat; sprinkle with salt and place chicken tenders on top in a single layer, sprinkle with Greek seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning.
- 5Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and rice is tender.
- 6Remove foil and evenly drizzle with oil all over.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken and Spinach Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 256.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice
salt-free lemon pepper