Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Classic combination of chicken and rice.
Make and share this Greek Chicken and Spinach Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 ounces chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an ovenproof 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, and coat onion with cooking spray. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until translucent. Add water, spinach, rice, salt and ground red pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with salt and place chicken tenders on top in a single layer, sprinkle with Greek seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and rice is tender.
- Remove foil and evenly drizzle with oil all over.
- Serve with lemon wedges.