Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is a deceptive recipe: quick and easy to make with a simple ingredient list but which really delivers the flavor. What more could you want from chicken and potatoes? I find one large lemon yields just about 1/4 cup juice. This recipe makes 4 servings, but my husband and I eat this easily between the two of us.
Top Review by Artemis
Super. Actually made this in the crockpot because I didn't have the right kind of baking pan. After about 4 hours on the high setting, chicken breast was so moist and tender and potatoes were so rich, some crispy. Being in the crockpot also, I didn't have to baste it. Wonderful combination of ingredients.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Place chicken, potatoes, and garlic in a 9 X 13 inch glass baking pan.
- Mix well to get everything evenly distributed in the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the chicken bouillon over all.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and crumbled oregano together.
- Pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake approximately 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender and golden brown, basting occasionally with pan juices.