Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a great roasted chicken dish easy to make and family friendly
Make and share this Greek Chicken and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Trim any extra fat. Split the chicken in half with a sharp chefs knife or kitchen sheers and place both halves bones down, on a sheet pan.Squeeze all of the juice of one lemon on the chicken. Rub the halves on both sides of the chicken. Pour ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper and half of the oregano and garlic.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss the potatoes with everything until well coated.
- Pour the potatoes out onto the sheet pan with the chicken.
- Roast the chicken at 350 degrees for about an hour and fifteen minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are golden and crispy.