Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
For the 'zaar World Tour 2005
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F Arrange chicken, potatoes and garlic in large roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour broth over.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and oregano to combine. Pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and golden brown and potatoes are tender, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 1 1/4 hours.
We used breast pieces. The house smelled so good while this was cooking and it was SO incredibly delicious! Yummmmmmy! This went right into my keeper file!
Easy and good. My son even liked it and he's hard to please.
WOW, what can I say. Made this for Zaar WT2006 and so glad I did. The house smelled wonderful and I had no trouble calling everyone to the table! I think maybe next time I may throw on some feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes towards the end of cooking time.