Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can make the packets ahead of time to take for for camping :)
Top Review by HealthyCook13
This is a good recipe - very flavorful. I changed it slightly because we only need 2 packets. Also, had extra potatoes, so I made those in a separate packet with the marinade and they were great. I would really recommend that you make a slit in the foil like Kittencal recommends - otherwise it get a little watery (we forgot to do it until later in the grilling process).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (make certain garlic is very finely minced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to crush and release flavors)
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 -8 slices fresh lemon (thin slices)
- 4 small red potatoes, finely diced (use one potato per packet)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided (can use more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 4 large heavy-duty pieces of foil (foil must be large enough to make a packet).
- Place each breast on 1 piece of foil.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil with minced garlic and oregano, then brush on both sides of each breast.
- Season each breast with salt and black pepper.
- Top each breast with 1 small chopped potato.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons or a little more of feta cheese over the potato.
- Top with 1-2 slices of lemon.
- Wrap the foil around the breasts to create a pocket.
- Cut a very small slit in the top of each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place the pockets on the grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully open up the packets and serve.