Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can make the packets ahead of time to take for for camping :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (make certain garlic is very finely minced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to crush and release flavors)
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 -8 slices fresh lemon (thin slices)
- 4 small red potatoes, finely diced (use one potato per packet)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided (can use more if desired)
- Prepare 4 large heavy-duty pieces of foil (foil must be large enough to make a packet).
- Place each breast on 1 piece of foil.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil with minced garlic and oregano, then brush on both sides of each breast.
- Season each breast with salt and black pepper.
- Top each breast with 1 small chopped potato.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons or a little more of feta cheese over the potato.
- Top with 1-2 slices of lemon.
- Wrap the foil around the breasts to create a pocket.
- Cut a very small slit in the top of each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place the pockets on the grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully open up the packets and serve.
This is a good recipe - very flavorful. I changed it slightly because we only need 2 packets. Also, had extra potatoes, so I made those in a separate packet with the marinade and they were great. I would really recommend that you make a slit in the foil like Kittencal recommends - otherwise it get a little watery (we forgot to do it until later in the grilling process).
Perfect for a hot day here in southern AZ. Tasty, super easy, healthy, FAST clean up, and appreciate that I always have these ingredients. The chicken was moist and tender. I used the maximum amount of oregano and added an extra half slice of lemon to each packet. We are campers and this is going to be part of our camping plan. DH grilled for 25 minutes. Thanks Kittencal for posting. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders!
This was a really quick and easy recipe - I will definitely take it camping with me. Next time I make it, though, I will add more garlic and oregano.